If the photos didn't convince you enough already you must take my word for it. I've made this taco recipe multiple times and it never fails to give me such satisfaction... damn its amazing, I can tell you that if you don't make them you'll regret it. haha, If you ever make any of my recipes tag #edgarraweats and @edgarraw for a potential re-gram on my feed.
Chipotle "Chicken" Jackfruit
2 cans of jackfruit
1/4 of cup tomato purée
4-6 dried chipotle peppers (soaked)
3 tbsp of coconut sugar
2 tbsp of coconut oil (optional)
1 roasted white onion
6-9 roasted garlic cloves
1 tbsp of cumin powder
1 tbsp of dried oregano
2 tbsp of lime juice
1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1 tsp of salt
2 tsp of black pepper
2-3 tbsp of water if needed
1) Blend all ingredients (except the jackfruit) in a blender till smooth. Into becomes a sauce.
2) Open the cans of jackfruit, shred them a bit and add into a bowl with the sauce. Mix well.
3) Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes and then just let them cool.
4) Use your preference of tortillas, but I used gluten free tortillas by @sietefoods
Cilantro Lime Cream
1 cup of cashews ( 24 hours soaked)
1/4 a cup of chopped cilantro
1 tbsp of coconut nectar
1/3 of a cup of lime juice
1/4 of a cup of apple cider vinegar
1/4-1/3 of a cup of water (depends if you want it thick or watery)
1 tbsp of garlic powder
1) Just blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy/smooth. Stores well for 4-5 days.
Topped with some black beans, cilantro, mango, and more lime juice!