Looking for a fast, delicious, and satisfying salad?
I often get asked if I crave animal products and if being plant-based is enough for my lifestyle. I always say yes, some of the reasons are because I truly feel amazing eating plant-based. Plus, I make sure to eat a variety of foods every week. Never stick to the same ole boring oats or smoothies. I change the way I eat depending on the season, time of the day, and even what I'm craving. I'd suggest to always follow what your body wants and not what someone else is telling you to eat, even though I am technically telling you, you should make and eat this salad! haha.
If you decide to make any of my recipe tag @edgarrwa and #edgarraweats on Instagram or Facebook for a chance to be featured on my page.
3 cups of arugula
3-4 cups of spinach
1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
1 cup of chopped roasted beets
1 can of cooked sweet corn
1/3 of a cup of raisins or dried cranberries
1 cup of chopped purple cabbage
1/2 a cup of sunflower seeds
1/3 of a cup of hummus
2 tsp of truffle oil or olive oil
2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
4 tbsp of lemon juice
A pinch of salt and pepper
1) Chop and season beets to your liking, I just added some coconut oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven at 400 F. (204 C.) for 30 minutes.
2) While the beets are baking, take a cup of uncooked quinoa and cook according to package directions. This makes about 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
3) While everything is cooking chop your veggies and add all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
4) Take your dressing ingredients and either mix using a blender or just use a fork and a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
5) After your beets and quinoa have been cooked and cooled, add them to the bowl with the dressing and mix until everything is coated.
6) Makes about 3-4 servings, but to be honest I ate 2 servings to myself. haha